Monday 15 June 2009.

I know that this blog is supposed to be a "fun" blog but there's this thing that's been bugging me a lot lately. It's an issue some of us take for granted, some of us take seriously and some of us ignore completely. It's about Trust.

I typed in "trust" in the search bar on dictionary.com and of course, I shouldn't be surprised, there was about 24 meanings. Hmm.. for a small word, it sure has a big meaning.

trust –noun

1. reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
It's not right if I categorize myself solely as someone who takes trust seriously because the truth of the matter is, with all the sugar coatings taken out, sometimes I do take trust for granted and sometimes I do ignore it completely. If you don't agree to this, then you're either perfect or a robot :) So why is it that some people place trust on an equivalent level as love? Does trust make love? (no pun intended pervs) Does trust make friends? Or does trust make us, us?

I think that trust is powerful, it can make you or it can break you. When you give someone your trust, it's like giving them a part of you. So technically, if you have a group of people you trust, you give each of them little parts of you and ultimately, your life depends on them. Trusting someone can be likened to baring it all, going naked. The emotions you show are raw, the things you say are real, the memories you share are valid and you don't have to put on a face. It's natural for us to trust because without relying on each other as humans, we'll all be like blind people walking with no direction. I think that in our lives, there are only a handful of people we truly trust.

Trust is tricky. Trusting is risky. A person I met yesterday said a quote I think is worth emphasizing, "Assess the risk."



love,
Mesmeriza.

{ 1:26 pm }



Bloggers
We call ourselves LnF which is short for Lovers and Friends :) for a long time.
& we're not your average group of friends :)

Speak Up

Our Tune

Lovers
Eric
Hakim
Ian
Izzah
Izzy
Peah
Rab & Zul
Ziqah

Friends
Sarah
Silah
PU1 Saja
UIC

Archive